Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Every Rose has a Thorn



I haven't sat down and written one of these for a VERY long time. But, I have actually missed it a little.

So, I am not  going to sugar coat it, I'm just going to write. I don't know how this is going to turn out. But, here it goes.

The past few days I have been really questioning life. I came to the conclusion that we live like we are invincible. When in reality, the time we have on this earth is so precious and so limited. We just don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. And although we don't know this, we still live life as if one day something magical is going to click in our brains and all of a sudden we will be able to reach our dreams, talk to that one person that has been on our mind, make a lot of money or drop 10 pounds.

But, lets step back. What the hell is stopping you? And the only thing that comes into my mind is FEAR!!!!

We are all frightened, even the bravest of us are afraid. We are afraid of being vulnerable and we fear rejection. At least those are some of my common fears. But, what does it all really mean? Does it mean that you are REJECTED,  and UNWANTED? Or is that something that you told yourself you are.  Does being VULNERABLE make you weak or do we tell ourselves that if we are truly authentic and brutally honest with ourselves that we are going to be weak. So, we sit here analyzing situations and creating barrier after barrier. But, the whole irony in this is, that we are waiting for someone to come help you break those barriers down.  These barriers are like layers in the winter that we keep putting on. But, we have the power to take those barriers down. You are powerful, you are strong, and  you can do anything.

I guess that brings me to my thoughts from the last couple days.... Starting with Today!

Today, someone said " I noticed that you have been sad." The saying I had heard about twice already. And yes, I have been sad because I used to know a beautiful person, that is no longer here with us. And I want to shout from the top of my lungs, "It wasn't enough time." But, no one choses how much time they get. I want to beg for a do over.  To get to know a person all over again. To be OPEN.

I guess my barrier is regret. Regret for not making the most of every single situation. So, I am challenging myself to get to know people without have regrets. Which would mean I will have to be vulnerable.

But, that FEAR that we have keeps us from being real with a people from the first moment you meet them. So, I would like to think that we only have 24 hours to really get to know a person. How are they going to change your life? How are you going to change their life?

So, I challenge you to be vulnerable with one person in the next few days, to really get to know them. Even people that you may have known your whole life can become strangers as we get caught up in the  hectic events of our daily lives. Open up, and share your dreams, share your story, share your LOVE.  And remember people are dying to get to know you, be open to the possibility of letting them.

xoxo,

Rina


No comments:

Post a Comment