Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Grateful Post



So, I figured that tomorrow I probably will not be able to write out this post due to a super busy family day, so I wanted to get it out there in the world tonight.

First and foremost, happy thanksgiving to you all. I hope that today you take a moment and be grateful for the little things, reflect on the positives and think on how the negatives can be turned around. I am thankful for this blog(s) being part of my life and sharing pieces of myself with my readers.

The big question of thanksgiving: What are you thankful for?

Here are some highlights of the year so far:

I guess this is a great time to just reflect on the year that has been quickly speeding past my eyes. I am so thankful to have been able to go to Israel this past summer. I never actually expected myself to go there and absorb the culture and all the different lifestyles. But, this past summer I found myself getting on a plane with at least 50 other college students and flying 6,774 miles away from home. It was thrilling, and scary all at the same because I didn't know what to expect. But, it has been one of my favorite experiences of my life, not only did I see a remarkable magical country, but I made an Isreali and brand new San Diego family. I am fortunate to have met amazing people and best of all tasted some of the best food in the world. But, my favorite part was swimming under a waterfall, and singing "Lean on me", at the top of my lungs and trying laughing yoga for the first time.

Within this very short year, I am super grateful to have gone through the Landmark forum. One thing that I gained from being a part of it was that I WILL lead an EXTRAORDINARY life. Which means, that the possibility of doing special effects makeup and becoming licensed in cosmetology isn't that far off. And while we are creating possibilities, I am creating the possibility that by 2018 I will be a licensed yoga instructor. So, in short this past couple months taught me that I can create anything I want in my life. And I am grateful that I have the power to lead a happy and colorful life. If you can dream it, you can do it.

And although this year has been full of events that changed my life and I am grateful for each and everyone of them, I am most grateful for the people that are in my life. I am absolutely thankful to have a pair of amazing parents, I give them a run for their money for sure. But, they have loved and accepted me for the person I am and support me to be the best person I can be, and I can not thank them enough for that. I am blessed and thankful to have a dad who adopted me as his own and is my best friend. I am thankful for a mom, who has never given up on me, even on my worst days she has always been there to support me and to challenge me. I am grateful for the new friendships and relationships that have entered my life, and stronger connections with my kitty fam, skittles and Lo lo. I am grateful for new adventures with a wonderful a man I am lucky to call my boyfriend. Thank you for going along with all my crazy ideas,being my friend, telling me stories and allowing me to have my chocolate chip cookies before "real" dinner.  I am blessed to know you and am thankful for having you part of my life.

To many, many, new adventures.

To close this one off, I am extremely thankful for being an artist, yogi and a writer, for this blog, my novel, my youtube videos, make-up projects and photography.  I am absolutely 110 percent grateful to let my soul be part of my passions and let people experience who I am through my work.

Know that you are loved, valued and perfect the way you are. You can do anything that you want and no dream of yours is unreachable.

One Love,

Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment