When I first started wearing make up the one product that intimidated me the most was liquid eyeliner. But, I felt that being a make up junkie I had to have a couple in my collection. I rememeber the first liquid eyeliner I purchased was from wet n wild, and soon decided to try ELF and NYC, because the prices were so similar. They were around 1 or 2 dollars. But, when I went to apply it, firstly I had no idea what I was doing.I found that the burshes that didn't have a felt tip were really hard to control and the line that they made weren't straight.
Now that I have been using make up for over 5 years, applying liquid eyeliner seems like second nature. I have had alot of girls tell me that it is really difficult for them to apply thier liquid eyeliner. So, I'm going to give you a couple tips on how to apply your eyeliner and review of a few of my favorite liquid eyeliners.
1. Purchase a liquid eyeliner with felt tip, this makes the application easier
2. When applying your liquid eyeliner rest your elbow on the table or a hard surface to stop your hand from shaking and making crooked lines
3. Have Q-tips and make- up remover on hand to fix up any imperfections
4. Practice drawing lines on the back on your hand to get familar with the product you are using.
How to apply liquid eyeliner
1. First shake your liquid eyeliner
2. Using your brush (from the liquid eyeliner) start at the center of your eye and draw a line going to the end of your lashes towards the direction of your ear.
3.Using little strokes starting from the begining of your eyelashes (by your nose) connect the line with the half line you already have drawn.
4. To make a flick or a cat eye draw a triangle at the end of your line that is close to your ear, than fill in your triangle and go over any of the spots that you may have missed the first time you applied your eyeliner.
So, I feel since I wrote about liquid eyeliner I should do a review on two of my favorite liquid eyeliners. The first eyeliner is the Palladio liquid eyeliner in the color black. I love this eyeliner because it has a felt tip and stays on through out the day. And it doesn't crack when you are removing the eyeliner. I would give this eyeliner a 5/5. Plus, if you are on a budget like me this little beauty won't hurt your wallet to much. It sells for 6 dollars at an Sally's beauty supply. You can also order it online at http://www.sallybeauty.com/Liquid-Eyeliner/PLADIO6,default,pd.html.
If you are looking for a high end product I would reccomend using the LANCOME artliner. The art liner comes in 6 different colors , which are Brown,Ice brown,Noir, Plum Glimmer, Smoke and Sparkling Noir. I purchased the Ice Brown for Homecoming a year or two ago and I don't use for an every day look but when I feel like I am bored of the black I will use the Ice Brown or I usually use the Ice Brown to make a classy look for interview or if I am going somewhere where I have to look professionl. This eyeliner is great because it has a felt tip as well and the applicator is really long so you have more control of the line. This product costs around 29 dollars but, it is worth the money because it last a really long time. I love this eyeliner also because it allows you to make a precise line and doesnt tugg or scratch you skin.The only thing that I am not a big fan of this eyeliner for is that to get the pigment in the lighter colors such as the Ice Brown you really have to do two layers of the eyeliner but otherwise it is a great eyeliner and your money worth. You can take a look or purchase the eyeliner by clicking the link below.
If anyone has tried the MAC liquid eyeliners please let me know. I have been wanting to try it but because they fit my price range of make up better than the Lancome ones. But, I havnt heard anyone really ranting about them so if you have tried them please, please, please let me know. :)